On today’s podcast episode I have a chat with Jackie Beyer of the Organic Gardener Podcast about her journey into organic gardening, her podcast, and building an organic gardening oasis.
Listen To The Podcast
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 113 – February 3, 2019 – Building Your Own Organic Garden Oasis With Guest Jackie Beyer of the Organic Gardener Podcast.
Jackie grew up on Long Island about 20 miles from NYC. In 4th grade, she read a book about a girl who moves to northwest Montana. From that day on she was determined to move there and at 21 she entered the University of Montana. During her junior year, she met her husband Mike on a mountainside and they have been together for over 24 years now! Mike has been gardening in the Rocky Mountains for 40 something years. Jackie launched the Organic Gardener Podcast in January 2015 and has interviewed over 260 gardeners and food experts.
- We survived the Polar Vortex and so did all the animals.
- A great way to cook rabbit.
- Finally got my Big Berkey.
- I finally have an office/podcast studio again.
- Includes Big Berkey stainless steel housing (Upper, Lower, Lid and spigot etc.),...
- Holds 2.25 gallons of purified water. Designed for home use for 4 to 16 people
- The Big Berkey is made with High Grade 304 Stainless Steel and measures 8.5"D x...
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Building Your Own Organic Garden Oasis With Guest Jackie Beyer
Jackie and I Discuss:
- Jackie’s journey into organic gardening and podcasting.
- Her and her husbands many years without running water or electricity.
- What she has learned from her many podcast guests.
- How contagious the love for gardening can be.
- Building a garden oasis.
- Jackie’s free organic gardening course and workbook.
Listen On YouTube
Letter To The Editor
In lieu of a comments section on my articles, I accept and encourage letters to the editor. If you would like to write a letter to the editor you can do that through email. Please note that though I read every email, I am simply not able to respond to all of them. I check these emails every few days.
- Why and How To Save and Store Seeds From Your Garden - September 28, 2022
- A Beginners Guide To Growing Garlic (aka. Stinking Rose) On The Homestead - September 14, 2022
- 12 Easy Ways To Keep Rabbits Out Of Your Organic Garden - September 11, 2022