As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 113 – February 3, 2019 – Building Your Own Organic Garden Oasis With Guest Jackie Beyer of the Organic Gardener Podcast.
On today’s podcast episode I have a chat with Jackie Beyer of the Organic Gardener Podcast about her journey into organic gardening, her podcast, and building an organic gardening oasis.
Jackie grew up on Long Island about 20 miles from NYC. In 4th grade, she read a book about a girl who moves to northwest Montana. From that day on she was determined to move there and at 21 she entered the University of Montana. During her junior year, she met her husband Mike on a mountainside and they have been together for over 24 years now! Mike has been gardening in the Rocky Mountains for 40 something years. Jackie launched the Organic Gardener Podcast in January 2015 and has interviewed over 260 gardeners and food experts.
- We survived the Polar Vortex and so did all the animals.
- A great way to cook rabbit.
- Finally got my Big Berkey.
- I finally have an office/podcast studio again.
Building Your Own Organic Garden Oasis With Guest Jackie Beyer
- Jackie’s journey into organic gardening and podcasting.
- Her and her husbands many years without running water or electricity.
- What she has learned from her many podcast guests.
- How contagious the love for gardening can be.
- Building a garden oasis.
- Jackie’s free organic gardening course and workbook.
- How Much Land Is Needed To Grow A Permaculture Food Forest? - July 31, 2021
- What Is the Difference Between a Forest and Food Forest? - July 27, 2021
- How To Grow Borage And Why You Should - July 26, 2021