The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 87 – June 1, 2018 – How To Properly Use A Greenhouse.
Question For Today’s Podcast Episode:
Troy asks – How do you properly use a greenhouse? I bought a small 6×8 plastic greenhouse to use. I had horrible luck. It didn’t retain any heat at night and if any sun was out, it got between 30 – 50 degrees hotter than outside and would fry my plants. I don’t know where I’m going wrong.
- The advantages of having a greenhouse.
- Types of greenhouses.
- Optimum conditions for a greenhouse.
- Common Issues. overheating, lack of water, pests, disease.
- Greenhouse heating.
- What you can and can’t do with a greenhouse.
- Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long, 2nd Edition by Eliot Coleman – https://amzn.to/2L4dwic
The Homestead Life:
A segment where each episode I share something that’s better in my life because of homesteading.
Everyday learning from a homesteading community. When I started homesteading I joined several online homesteading communities and after a while even started one of my own, The Homestead Front Porch Facebook Group. I can’t express enough how valuable these communities have been for me. Every day I learn something new, just the other day I shared on Instagram something about finding other uses for overgrown scobys from the Kombucha I make other than putting it in the compost and I immediately got several great suggestions.
The Homestead Life has made my life better because of ongoing learning and community in so many ways!