On Today’s Podcast Episode Harold Has A Conversation With Functional Medicine Practitioner and Clinical Herbalist, Aron McNicholas About Herbalism, Foraging, and Holistic Medicine.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 213 – July 24, 2023
Listen To The Podcast
Aron McNicholas is a Functional Medicine Practitioner and Clinical Herbalist. He began his herbalism journey by studying with Constance Ferry of Hobbit Gardens in Fillmore, Indiana. Later, he went on to study with 7Song at the Northeastern School of Botanical Medicine, focusing on clinical herbalism and plant identification. In order to provide a scientific background to natural remedies, Aron completed his Masters in Functional Medicine and Nutrition through the University of Western States. He has enjoyed attending workshops and trainings through Sam Thayer, Morley Robbins, Thomas Easley, and many more.
Today, Aron serves the community by offering wildcrafted herbal medicine through his company Hartwood Herbals and conducts plant walks, monthly classes, and one-on-one consultations.
- Aron’s Website – https://hartwoodherbals.weebly.com/
- Follow Aron on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hartwoodherbals/
- Email Aron – email@example.com
- Aron’s Podcast – https://georgetownmarket.com/departments/awakenindypodcast/
- Book – The Business of Botanicals: Exploring the Healing Promise of Plant Medicines in a Global Industry – https://amzn.to/3Y7jFAA
- Book – Peterson Field Guide To Medicinal Plants & Herbs Of Eastern & Central N. America – https://amzn.to/44UCSI6
- Book – National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms – https://amzn.to/3rHoS6g
- Book – The Forager’s Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants – https://amzn.to/3OsqSIA
- YouTube – Forager Chef – Alan Bergo – https://www.youtube.com/@foragerchef4141
Listen On YouTube
- Growing Nuts on the Homestead: Guest David Hughes - September 27, 2023
- Creating Wildlife Habitats in Your Garden: Reasons and Methods - September 26, 2023
- The Regenerative Grower’s Guide to Garden Amendments by Nigel Palmer - September 20, 2023