On Today’s Podcast Episode, Harold has a conversation with Eddy Garcia of Living Earth Systems about his journey into off-grid living and regenerative agriculture. We also dive into methods for transforming a conventional farm into a profitable and productive regenerative farm quickly.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 205 – June 1, 2023
Listen To The Podcast
Eddy Garcia, the founder of Living Earth Systems, has been self-reliant since the age of 7 when he decided to drop out of school and run away from home so he could surf all day. As a child living off-grid on Moloka’i, he taught himself how to hunt, produce energy, build shelters, and live off the land.
Now, Eddy is a leading expert in the regenerative agriculture field due to his innovative systems based on
his decades of living close to Nature. He goes beyond organic to grow food that replenishes nutrients in the soil and heals the land.
He’s been featured in Surfer Magazine for the worms he discovered that compost styrofoam, PermaEthos TV, a number of podcasts focused on regenerative farming and permaculture, and has been a speaker at the Rising Tides Summit.
- Eddy’s journey into off-grid living and regenerative agriculture
- The many projects he has been involved in
- Urban and small-scale projects
- Rejuvenating and redeeming land that has been destroyed by human development
- Transforming conventional farms into regenerative farms
Listen On YouTube
- Growing Nuts on the Homestead: Guest David Hughes - September 27, 2023
- Creating Wildlife Habitats in Your Garden: Reasons and Methods - September 26, 2023
- The Regenerative Grower’s Guide to Garden Amendments by Nigel Palmer - September 20, 2023