On this episode of the Modern Homesteading Podcast, Harold has a conversation with Ryan Steva, a homesteading consultant, about considering tradeoffs in homestead evaluation and design.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 187 – February 1, 2023
Listen To The Podcast
Listen and Subscribe On Your Favorite Podcast Player
Fountain | Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | Castbox | Breaker | RadioPublic | Anchor | YouTube Playlist | RSS
Ryan grew up in rural Wisconsin and figured out from a young age that he really enjoyed fixing things, building things, and interacting with the physical world. He was homeschooled in a time when very few people were homeschooling which gave him a way to learn in an unconventional manner. He always questioned the status quo, and when he had a major health issue in his 20s and through the process of pursuing healing, he learned that our medical and food systems were very broken. He realized that doctors were not going to give him the answers that he needed to heal he started to dig into how to heal his body which eventually led to the conclusion that he needed to be growing food on healthy land.
After working on building his own homestead and learning about permaculture, he started helping friends and family by designing and building food and water systems. He realized that he really enjoyed it, so he decided to start a business helping people restore their land while building health and resilience in their lives. He believes that we are stewards of this incredible planet that God has put us on and that what we do to and with our land is important to Him.
- What is a tradeoff?
- Why is it so important to understand the concept of tradeoffs?
- How can understanding tradeoffs help us make decisions?
- What are some examples of a real world tradeoff?
- How can people start practicing thinking about tradeoffs?
- Telegram: @The_Homestead_Consultant
Listen On YouTube
- Building A Simple Inexpensive Chick Brooder – Members Only Video - March 28, 2023
- A Beginners Guide To Building Guilds On Your Permaculture Homestead - March 28, 2023
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead by Ben Falk - March 27, 2023