On this episode of the Modern Homesteading Podcast I talk all about hazelnut; how to plant it, care for it and reap all the benefits from it.
Listen To The Podcast
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 146 – June 13, 2022 – Why And How To Integrate Hazelnut Into A Food Forest.
Topics I Discuss
- What Does The Hazelnut Tree/Bush Look Like?
- Growth Range
- How To Grow Hazelnut Trees In Your Food Forest
- When To Plant
- Pretreatment In Preparation For Planting.
- Planting Procedure
- Companion plant/ trees
- Conditions for growth
- Protect Trunk
- Pests and Diseases
- Potential environmental factors that might hinder its growth
- Coppicing The Wood
- When To Cut The Wood
- How Much Wood Can Be Harvested?
- Uses For The Wood
- Benefits Of Growing Hazelnut In The Food Forest
- Other Benefits
- Culinary benefits
- Livestock benefits
Listen On YouTube
Check out the article: Growing Hazelnut in your Permaculture Food Forest: A Complete Guide
- Zarnowski, Jeff and Dawn (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 217 Pages - 02/16/2020 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
Last update on 2023-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Growing Nuts on the Homestead: Guest David Hughes - September 27, 2023
- Creating Wildlife Habitats in Your Garden: Reasons and Methods - September 26, 2023
- The Regenerative Grower’s Guide to Garden Amendments by Nigel Palmer - September 20, 2023