On This Episode of The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Harold Has A Conversation With Luke Weinhagen, Author Of The Book “The Primal Primer,” About Using Traditional Knowledge To Face The Real World.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 175 – December 15, 2022
Listen To The Podcast
Luke Weinhagen is a Certified Situational Awareness Instructor, former United States Marine, Founder of
Core Human Competence LLC, and the creator of Dangerously Competent, a self-defense and self-sufficiency training program.
For over fifteen years, Luke has taught individuals, families, and organizations to assess risk, respond
swiftly, and win. He is the author of The Primal Primer and an Applied Theory Fellow at the Natural Law
- We discuss his book “The Primal Primer” and why modern humans should learn primal survival skills.
- What learning how to make cords, find fresh water, and identify edible plants has to do with bettering oneself in the real world?
- The correlation between anxiety and depression, and reliance on modern conveniences and technology?
- The impact learning basic wilderness survival skills can have on a person’s self-esteem?
- The number-one most important skill Luke believes most people should have but lack?
Core Human Competence Website: https://corehumancompetence.com/
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/3W4Ev1R
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-primal-primer-luke-weinhagen/1142379055?ean=9798986761206
- Primal Primer Page: https://corehumancompetence.com/primal-primer
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LukeWeinhagen
- Substack: https://weinhagen.substack.com/p/fully-mature-fully-developed
Listen On YouTube
- Pallet Buster Deck Wrecker Tool for Disassembling Pallets – Item Of The Week - February 2, 2023
- 5 Common Rainwater Harvesting Problems and How To Fix Them - February 2, 2023
- The Permaculture Handbook by Peter Bane: Book Review - February 1, 2023