On this episode of the Modern Homesteading Podcast, Harold and Rachel Discuss Planning and Adding Useful Garden Infrastructure.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 159 – October 12, 2022
Listen To The Podcast
Topic of Discussion: Planning and Adding Useful Garden Infrastructure
- Reasons to put up fences and types of fencing
- Types of trellises to install and DIY options.
- Different types of paths to install in a garden
- Purposes and options for borders
- Irrigation options and installation
- Ponds and water features
- Row cover, shade cloth, netting, and hoops
- Predator attracting, with habitat, housing, baths, and feeders
- Pollinator attraction with habitat, gardens, and housing
- Deer Netting – https://amzn.to/3EqcVGt
- Trellis Netting – https://amzn.to/3rJ1h1M
- Conduit Bender – https://amzn.to/3Ta5wyW
- Drip Irrigation Kit – https://amzn.to/3CM94SW
- Row Cover – https://amzn.to/3EqvMRG
- Owl Houses – https://amzn.to/3EqPCMv
- Bee Houses – https://amzn.to/3rHHZd7
- What’s The Difference Between A Permaculture Swale and A Ditch?
- Creating and Utilizing Permaculture Edge Effect For Abundance
- How To Safely Treat Wood Used for Raised Garden Beds
- Is My Wood Pallet Safe for Reuse – Learn How to Know?
Questions From The Homestead Front Porch Facebook Group
Do you plant anything specifically for pollinators? – https://www.facebook.com/groups/HomesteadFrontPorch/posts/5353968711323576/
Listen On YouTube
- Growing Nuts on the Homestead: Guest David Hughes - September 27, 2023
- Creating Wildlife Habitats in Your Garden: Reasons and Methods - September 26, 2023
- The Regenerative Grower’s Guide to Garden Amendments by Nigel Palmer - September 20, 2023
- Homesteading and Responsible Preparedness - September 6, 2023
- 12 Things We Learned About Homesteading Watching One Of Our Favorite Shows - August 23, 2023
- Building An Efficient And Productive Homestead: Guests Parker and Lauren Holmes - August 16, 2023