On this episode of the Modern Homesteading Podcast, Harold and Rachel Have A Conversation About Self-Reliance and Homesteading Community, How They Work Together and How to Find and Be Involved In Community.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 151 – August 17, 2022 – Self-Reliance or Homesteading Community? The Answer Is Yes.
Listen To The Podcast
Listen and Subscribe On Your Favorite Podcast Player
Fountain | Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | Castbox | Breaker | RadioPublic | Anchor | YouTube Playlist | RSS
Topics of Discussion
- When it comes to Self-Reliance and Community does one exclude the other?
- Building and Being Involved With Local Community
- Skill Building Classes
- Local Meetups
- Farmers Market
- Community Gardens
- Quilting/sewing/fiber craft clubs
- Community Through Events
- Homesteaders of (State) Meetups
- Homesteaders of America
- Historical Societies/Reenacting (sp?)
- Online Communities
- Facebook Groups
- Other Social Media platforms
- If you can’t find a community you can make one!
Listener Questions and Feedback:
We could share the results of the Poll you put in the group
- Find your county’s local cooperative extension to find classes – https://gardenologist.org/cooperative-extension-directory-for-all-50-states-dc-and-puerto-rico/
- Find local groups through Meetup.com – https://www.meetup.com/
Online Community Resources:
- Abundance Plus Community – https://abundancepluscommunity.com/
- Permies.com – https://permies.com/
Listen On YouTube
Latest posts by Harold Thornbro (see all)
Latest posts by Rachel Jamison (see all)