The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 91 – June 14, 2018 – Setting Up A Rabbitry.
Question For Today’s Podcast Episode:
Ty Asks – What are some best ways to set up a rabbitry? I have three does and a buck in separate outdoor hutches at this time. I have been receiving large amounts of requests for rabbit meat. So in order to capitalize, I want to expand my operation. I was thinking of building a small rabbit-specific barn but I have no clue where to start. What should the dimensions be, what type of ventilation should I use, what kind of watering system works best, should I make it climate controlled, etc. And how to do all of this without breaking the bank?
- Best place to put a rabbitry
- Options for building design
- Affordable cage options
- Climate control
- Best ways to create good ventilation
- Rabbit watering setups
- Manure management
- 16 Inch Outdoor Wall Exhaust Fan With Automatic Shutters – https://amzn.to/2JANXJ6
- 36in x 50ft 1/2 in 19 gauge Hardware Cloth Galvanized Welded Cage Wire Mesh Rolls – https://amzn.to/2HHiaAx
- Brass Rabbit Nipple Gravity Feed starter Kit by Rabbitnipples.com – https://amzn.to/2sVih6X
- Join the Facebook Group Backyard Meat Rabbits – https://www.facebook.com/groups/Backyard.Meat.Rabbits/
The Homestead Life:
A segment where each episode I share something that’s better in my life because of homesteading.
I really enjoy providing for the homestead through fishing. Fishing has always been fun for me and I’ve always eaten some of what I caught long before homesteading but now I not only look at it as recreation but as an act of provision for the homestead. It has become another way to put healthy food in the home and it’s a good feeling to know you’re accomplishing something meaningful for yourself and your family.
- The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing’s Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living - March 22, 2023
- Air Pruning: The Benefits of Promoting Healthy Roots in Plants - March 22, 2023
- Bootstrap Farmer 72 Cell Air Prune Seed Starting Trays - March 22, 2023