Today on the podcast we begin with our 30 days of homesteading Q&A where I have reached out to some of the best bloggers and podcasters in the homesteading space to answer your questions about homesteading.
Today’s question is “I’m thinking about pursuing an off-grid lifestyle, what are some things I should deeply consider before taking any big steps towards this?”
Questions like this are exactly the reason I wanted to host these question-and-answer episodes because I’m not an off-grid homesteader and really don’t plan to be so I could never answer this question adequately. Instead, I passed this question on to someone who is homesteading this way and can answer your question.
Here to answer this question is Teri Page from Homestead-Honey.com with some excellent advice for the person considering an off-grid lifestyle.
Teri talks with us about many things to consider such as:
- compliance to code
- levels of off-grid living
- off-grid life experience
- Water catchment and storage
- Utilizing resources to gain knowledge
Check out more from Teri on her blog and her social media pages:
- Blog: Homestead Honey (http://homestead-honey.com)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomesteadHoneyWebsite?ref=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Homestead_Honey
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/homestead_honey
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/homestead_honey.
Resources mentioned by Teri:
Backwoods Solar – http://www.backwoodssolar.com/
- A Beginners Guide To Building Guilds On Your Permaculture Homestead - March 28, 2023
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead by Ben Falk - March 27, 2023
- The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing’s Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living - March 22, 2023