As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
Today on the podcast we begin with our 30 days of homesteading Q&A where I have reached out to some of the best bloggers and podcasters in the homesteading space to answer your questions about homesteading.
Today’s question is “I’m thinking about pursuing an off-grid lifestyle, what are some things I should deeply consider before taking any big steps towards this?”
Questions like this are exactly the reason I wanted to host these question-and-answer episodes because I’m not an off-grid homesteader and really don’t plan to be so I could never answer this question adequately. Instead, I passed this question on to someone who is homesteading this way and can answer your question.
Here to answer this question is Teri Page from Homestead-Honey.com with some excellent advice for the person considering an off-grid lifestyle.
Teri talks with us about many things to consider such as:
- compliance to code
- levels of off-grid living
- off-grid life experience
- Water catchment and storage
- Utilizing resources to gain knowledge
Check out more from Teri on her blog and her social media pages:
- Blog: Homestead Honey (http://homestead-honey.com)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomesteadHoneyWebsite?ref=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Homestead_Honey
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/homestead_honey
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/homestead_honey.
Resources mentioned by Teri:
Backwoods Solar – http://www.backwoodssolar.com/
- 9 Reasons Raising Rabbits Might Be Perfect For Your Homestead - June 5, 2021
- What is Bokashi Composting? - April 24, 2021
- What Is A Biennial Plant? - April 21, 2021