On today’s podcast, my guest is Heather Eby. Heather and her family have a ten-acre homestead in Kansas and they are building their homestead by adding one new thing at a time. Heather is a wonderful storyteller and blogger with a real passion for homesteading.
Heather and I discuss:
- Why she became a homesteader.
- The slow progress of her homestead rather than trying to do too many new things at once.
- The variety of livestock on her homestead: chickens, ducks, sheep, goats, and dairy cows.
- Some great predator stories: snakes, foxes, and coyotes.
- A walk through her garden. What she’s growing and the layout.
- Her one tree orchard.
- Some thoughts on future plans for her homestead.
You can check out more about Heather and her homestead at her blog –https://selfsufficiencyandotherassortedhijinks.wordpress.com/