As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 119 – April 7, 2019 – Townhouse Homesteading with Guest Ashley Dempster.
On this podcast episode, I’m joined by homesteader and blogger Ashley Dempster of Townhouse Homestead as we discuss the many things she is doing to homestead even though she has very little space.
- Growing A Scoby For Kombucha Experiment
- Mulching Flower Beds and Pathways
- Playing Where’s Waldo With The Quail After Leaving The Cage Door Open
- Grandson Falling Down With A Jacket Pocket Full Of Eggs.
- Actually got to spend a whole day working outside in the garden doing prep and cleanup.
In The News
The Weekly “News From Around The Bend” Article From Small Scale Life
Townhouse Homesteading with Guest Ashley Dempster
Ashley lives in Calgary, Canada with her fiancé and they homestead in a 1400 sqft urban townhouse with a tiny front and back yard. She also blogs about her journey at townhousehomestead.com
- The why and how she got started homesteading
- How she homesteads in a townhouse
- Small space and indoor gardening
- Her future plans for homesteading
- Fishing, foraging, cooking, needlework, and more
- Ashley’s Website – https://townhousehomestead.com/
- Townhouse Homestead on Instagram
- AeroGarden Hydroponic Indoor Gardens
Homestead Recipe Of The Week:
Fall Garden Jambalaya
This weeks recipe comes in Angie from Marshland Acres
“No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden.” Thomas Jefferson
- 9 Reasons Raising Rabbits Might Be Perfect For Your Homestead - June 5, 2021
- What is Bokashi Composting? - April 24, 2021
- What Is A Biennial Plant? - April 21, 2021