On this podcast episode, I’m joined by homesteader and blogger Ashley Dempster of Townhouse Homestead as we discuss the many things she is doing to homestead even though she has very little space.
Listen To The Podcast
Listen and Subscribe On Your Favorite Podcast Player
Membership Has Its Privileges
• Get Ad-Free Versions Of The Modern Homesteading Podcast
• Listen To Exclusive Members Only Podcast Episodes
• Watch Exclusive Members Only Videos
• Download EBooks, Recipes, and Informational PDFs
• Get All Our Current and Future Courses Free
• Monthly Live Topic Discussion and Q&A
• Community Forum To Connect With Us and Other Homesteaders
All of this to help you get started homesteading right where you are or help you level up your homestead for increased self-sufficiency and sustainability.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 119 – April 7, 2019 – Townhouse Homesteading with Guest Ashley Dempster.
- Growing A Scoby For Kombucha Experiment
- Mulching Flower Beds and Pathways
- Playing Where’s Waldo With The Quail After Leaving The Cage Door Open
- Grandson Falling Down With A Jacket Pocket Full Of Eggs.
- Actually got to spend a whole day working outside in the garden doing prep and cleanup.
In The News
The Weekly “News From Around The Bend” Article From Small Scale Life
Townhouse Homesteading with Guest Ashley Dempster
Ashley lives in Calgary, Canada with her fiancé and they homestead in a 1400 sqft urban townhouse with a tiny front and back yard. She also blogs about her journey at townhousehomestead.com
Ashley and I Discuss:
- The why and how she got started homesteading
- How she homesteads in a townhouse
- Small space and indoor gardening
- Her future plans for homesteading
- Fishing, foraging, cooking, needlework, and more
- Ashley’s Website – https://townhousehomestead.com/
- Townhouse Homestead on Instagram
- AeroGarden Hydroponic Indoor Gardens
Homestead Recipe Of The Week:
Fall Garden Jambalaya
This weeks recipe comes in Angie from Marshland Acres
“No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden.” Thomas Jefferson
Listen On YouTube
- Effective Winter Composting: Essential Tips and Techniques for Cold Weather Success - December 7, 2023
- Compost, Topsoil, Potting Soil: Which Should I Buy For My Raised Beds? - November 30, 2023
- Faith, Family, and Farming with Guests Brad and Starla Walker - November 29, 2023