Today is Day 15 of our 30 days of homesteading Q&A on the podcast where I have reached out to some of the best bloggers and podcasters in the homesteading space to answer your questions about homesteading.
Today’s question is “Do you have any suggestions on where to get free stuff for the garden like mulch, compost, or soil that would be chemical-free and safe?”
Answering today’s question is David The Good from TheSurvivalGardener.com.
David shares with us:
- Why we need to be careful about where we get our free soil amendments.
- Some great tips on where to get the free stuff.
- Advice on feeding your plants with what you already have, and some other great composting tips.
To find out more about David The Good check out his website and social media pages:
- Website: http://thesurvivalgardener.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/davidtgood
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC208478ECji1rdkDDbB0vHQ
- Get David’s book Compost Everything: The Good Guide to Extreme Composting
- Growing Nuts on the Homestead: Guest David Hughes - September 27, 2023
- Creating Wildlife Habitats in Your Garden: Reasons and Methods - September 26, 2023
- The Regenerative Grower’s Guide to Garden Amendments by Nigel Palmer - September 20, 2023