As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
On today’s podcast episode I’m joined by Melinda Lee, a homesteader in Ohio with a passion for working with and building a community around gardening and homesteading. Melinda has a website called “The Homesteading and Preparedness Collective” where she shares about her urban homestead along with other useful information to help others down their own homesteading paths.
Melinda and I discuss:
- Where her passion began and her journey into homesteading.
- The garden she has planted on her urban homestead, raised beds, and rain garden.
- The perennials she has planted. The challenges of homesteading in a busy area as she is located next to a school.
- Food preservation and preparation.
- We talk a lot about Melinda’s community involvement with festivals and groups in her area.
- Her future projects for her homestead and in the community.
- We also talk about why she thinks spreading the love of homesteading and gardening is so important.
- and Much More.
Melinda’s Website: hpc-community.com
- 9 Reasons Raising Rabbits Might Be Perfect For Your Homestead - June 5, 2021
- What is Bokashi Composting? - April 24, 2021
- What Is A Biennial Plant? - April 21, 2021