On today’s podcast episode I have a chat with John Moody. John discovered more than a decade ago that his diet was killing him, with duodenal ulcers, seasonal allergies, and other health problems. So, the family began to transition to local foods and local food distribution. Eventually, he relocated his family to 35 acres of land to put his learning into practice.
Listen To The Podcast
Listen and Subscribe On Your Favorite Podcast Player
Membership Has Its Privileges
• Get Ad-Free Versions Of The Modern Homesteading Podcast
• Listen To Exclusive Members Only Podcast Episodes
• Watch Exclusive Members Only Videos
• Download EBooks, Recipes, and Informational PDFs
• Get All Our Current and Future Courses Free
• Monthly Live Topic Discussion and Q&A
• Community Forum To Connect With Us and Other Homesteaders
All of this to help you get started homesteading right where you are or help you level up your homestead for increased self-sufficiency and sustainability.
He is the founder of the Whole Life Buying Club, and also speaks at many local, regional, and national events on food, farming, and nutrition. Author of the Frugal Homesteader Handbook, he has three books forthcoming to help growers and gardeners, including one on weed control and one on elderberry.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 112 – January 27, 2019 – A Discussion With John Moody, Author Of The Frugal Homesteader.
It’s really cold outside with more ice and snow in the forecast.
Dealing with frozen water bottles and bowls.
Only trying to keep cooler weather crops alive at this point in the greenhouse.
A Discussion With John Moody, Author Of The Frugal Homesteader
Discussed in this podcast episode.
- John’s journey into homesteading because of health issues at a young age.
- Why he started Whole Life Buying Club.
- What he is doing on his 35 acre homestead.
- His book “The Frugal Homesteader: Living The Good Life On Less”
- Circumventing government regulation in order to run a successful homesteading business.
- Making a homestead profitable.
- Kids and homesteading.
- The upcoming conference that he and Joel Salatin are working on called the Rogue Food Conference.
- Many other topics.
- John’s Book – The Frugal Homesteader: Living The Good Life On Less
- John’s Website – https://johnwmoody.com/
Other Books Mentioned:
Joel Salatin –
- Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World
- Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal: War Stories from the Local Food Front
Listen On YouTube
- Effective Winter Composting: Essential Tips and Techniques for Cold Weather Success - December 7, 2023
- Compost, Topsoil, Potting Soil: Which Should I Buy For My Raised Beds? - November 30, 2023
- Faith, Family, and Farming with Guests Brad and Starla Walker - November 29, 2023