On today’s podcast episode I have a chat with John Moody. John discovered more than a decade ago that his diet was killing him, with duodenal ulcers, seasonal allergies, and other health problems. So, the family began to transition to local foods and local food distribution. Eventually, he relocated his family to 35 acres of land to put his learning into practice.
Listen To The Podcast
Listen and Subscribe On Your Favorite Podcast Player
Fountain | Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | Castbox | Breaker | RadioPublic | Anchor | YouTube Playlist | RSS
He is the founder of the Whole Life Buying Club, and also speaks at many local, regional, and national events on food, farming, and nutrition. Author of the Frugal Homesteader Handbook, he has three books forthcoming to help growers and gardeners, including one on weed control and one on elderberry.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 112 – January 27, 2019 – A Discussion With John Moody, Author Of The Frugal Homesteader.
It’s really cold outside with more ice and snow in the forecast.
Dealing with frozen water bottles and bowls.
Only trying to keep cooler weather crops alive at this point in the greenhouse.
A Discussion With John Moody, Author Of The Frugal Homesteader
Discussed in this podcast episode.
- John’s journey into homesteading because of health issues at a young age.
- Why he started Whole Life Buying Club.
- What he is doing on his 35 acre homestead.
- His book “The Frugal Homesteader: Living The Good Life On Less”
- Circumventing government regulation in order to run a successful homesteading business.
- Making a homestead profitable.
- Kids and homesteading.
- The upcoming conference that he and Joel Salatin are working on called the Rogue Food Conference.
- Many other topics.
- John’s Book – The Frugal Homesteader: Living The Good Life On Less
- John’s Website – https://johnwmoody.com/
Other Books Mentioned:
Joel Salatin –
- Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World
- Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal: War Stories from the Local Food Front
Listen On YouTube
- A Beginners Guide To Building Guilds On Your Permaculture Homestead - March 28, 2023
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead by Ben Falk - March 27, 2023
- The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing’s Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living - March 22, 2023