On This podcast episode, I discuss a few things homesteaders should be doing to practice preparedness for when or if disaster strikes in any form.
Listen To The Podcast
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 111 – January 14, 2019 – Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper.
- Spent some time this weekend at a friend’s homestead and built a cattle panel/pallet greenhouse.
- Processed a few rabbits.
- Continuing to eat abundantly from the greenhouse.
- I have really taken healthy eating to another level by taking action.
Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper
Discussed in this podcast episode.
- What Is A Prepper?
- Reasons To Be A Prepper
- There is no downside
- Because Things Happen
- It Reduces Stress
- It Creates Freedom
- It Could Save Yours Or A Family member’s Life
How To Get Started Prepping
- Water Storage
- Food Storage
- Medical Preparedness
- Power Backup
- Preparedness Through Sustainability
- Natural Disaster Preparations – Drills
- Livestock Care Plan
- Create Emergency Information Documentation
- Bug Out Bags
- Bug Out Locations
Listen On YouTube
Letter To The Editor
In lieu of a comments section on my articles, I accept and encourage letters to the editor. If you would like to write a letter to the editor you can do that through email. Please note that though I read every email, I am simply not able to respond to all of them. I check these emails every few days.
- A Beginners Guide To Growing Garlic (aka. Stinking Rose) On The Homestead - September 14, 2022
- 12 Easy Ways To Keep Rabbits Out Of Your Organic Garden - September 11, 2022
- How Long Can Seeds Be Stored and How Should You Store Them? - September 9, 2022