On This podcast episode, I discuss a few things homesteaders should be doing to practice preparedness for when or if disaster strikes in any form.
Listen To The Podcast
Listen and Subscribe On Your Favorite Podcast Player
Membership Has Its Privileges
• Get Ad-Free Versions Of The Modern Homesteading Podcast
• Listen To Exclusive Members Only Podcast Episodes
• Watch Exclusive Members Only Videos
• Download EBooks, Recipes, and Informational PDFs
• Get All Our Current and Future Courses Free
• Monthly Live Topic Discussion and Q&A
• Community Forum To Connect With Us and Other Homesteaders
All of this to help you get started homesteading right where you are or help you level up your homestead for increased self-sufficiency and sustainability.
The Modern Homesteading Podcast, Episode 111 – January 14, 2019 – Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper.
- Spent some time this weekend at a friend’s homestead and built a cattle panel/pallet greenhouse.
- Processed a few rabbits.
- Continuing to eat abundantly from the greenhouse.
- I have really taken healthy eating to another level by taking action.
Why Every Homesteader Should Also Be A Prepper
Discussed in this podcast episode.
- What Is A Prepper?
- Reasons To Be A Prepper
- There is no downside
- Because Things Happen
- It Reduces Stress
- It Creates Freedom
- It Could Save Yours Or A Family member’s Life
How To Get Started Prepping
- Water Storage
- Food Storage
- Medical Preparedness
- Power Backup
- Preparedness Through Sustainability
- Natural Disaster Preparations – Drills
- Livestock Care Plan
- Create Emergency Information Documentation
- Bug Out Bags
- Bug Out Locations
Listen On YouTube
- Compost, Topsoil, Potting Soil: Which Should I Buy For My Raised Beds? - November 30, 2023
- Faith, Family, and Farming with Guests Brad and Starla Walker - November 29, 2023
- How To Find Places To Hunt To Fill The Homestead Freezer - November 23, 2023