As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
On today’s podcast episode I’m joined by Cindy Patterson. Cindy and her family live on a 700-acre farm/homestead in Saskatchewan Canada and are doing a little bit of everything to be as self-sufficient as they can be.
Cindy and I discuss:
- The livestock they are raising; cattle, a milk cow, goats, rabbits, quail, and chickens.
- Using nature to provide for their homestead by hunting, foraging, and trapping.
- Gardening vegetables and herbs.
- Different methods of food preservation
- Other homesteading skills such as soap making, sewing, knitting, making herbal medicine, and homemade household cleaning products.
- Winter preparedness
- Teaching her children homesteading skills.
- Community building and sharing with others the homesteading lifestyle.
Resources and links from today’s episode:
Cindy’s Homestead Facebook Page – Homestead Therapy
Homestead Front Porch Facebook Group
Mother Earth News Homesteading Summit
- 9 Reasons Raising Rabbits Might Be Perfect For Your Homestead - June 5, 2021
- What is Bokashi Composting? - April 24, 2021
- What Is A Biennial Plant? - April 21, 2021